There’s tons of fun to have in Gatlinburg! You could spend a whole day exploring the national park, and the next in town. So we have pulled together a bucket list of the best things to do in Gatlinburg.
1. HikingWhen you stay in our cabins at Parkside Cabin Rentals you could have a cabin that sits at the doorstep to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The national park has over 848 miles of hiking trails to explore. The trails vary from easy to very strenuous. The chance to wander along and make it the end of every trail is incredibly rewarding. You can see sights of wildlife, beautiful local flowers, waterfalls, and mountain views! This is one of the best things to do in Gatlinburg! Some of the most popular hikes in the park include:
- Laurel Falls
- Rainbow Falls
- Alum Cave
- Gatlinburg Trail
- Porters Creek
2. ShoppingShopping is an activity that some people love and others not so much. Either way there’s plenty of it to do in Gatlinburg!
- The Marketplace: The Marketplace is a small shopping area that has a very charming look to the area. Among the little shops you can find a Lids store, a socks store called For Bare Feet, and Unbearably Sweet Nostalgic Candies, CarmelCorn, and more!
- NOC Great Outpost: the NOC is your one stop place for everything outdoorsy and that you may need for a trip into the national park. You can find popular brands here like Columbia, Patagonia, Keen, Chaco, and more! You can find some unique Smoky Mountains themed souvenirs as well.
- Baskins Square Mall: Baskins Square is another area full of cute and unique shops and small cafes. Off the beaten path finds are places like Doc’s Magic Shop and The Lollipop Guild. But you can also find Claire's Boutique, and Ripley’s Guinness World of Records.
3. DiningVacation food is some of the best food! There is a bunch to choose from downtown. You can find everything from sweets and juicy steaks to delicious Mexican dishes! Some of our favorites include:
- Peddler Steakhouse: Best place in town to find a juicy steak and romantic atmosphere for a date night.
- Bones BBQ: You’ll find mouthwatering barbeque and hearty, Southern style side dishes.
- No Way Jose’s: No Way Jose’s serves authentic Mexican dishes in a fun atmosphere.
- Tom and Earl’s Back Alley Grill: Back Alley Grill is great for a cold beer and classic American dishes
4. Visiting AttractionsThere are quite a few attraction in Gatlinburg. Because of all the options of things you have to do in town, there’s something for everyone! You could start your day at the aquarium, go to lunch, and the end the day playing mini golf! Some of the most popular attractions in town include:
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies
- Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
- Ripley’s Davy Crockett Mini Golf Adventure
- Sugarland Cellars