Gatlinburg Trolley System Announces Free Summer RoutesMay 27, 2014
The Gatlinburg Trolley System announced their trolley rides will be free all summer long. Starting in June, vacationers won’t have to worry about finding parking spots or paying parking toll fees because the trolley routes include all of the most popular attractions and stops in the region.
Running from June 13 through August 17, the Gatlinburg Trolley system will offer free rides to passengers from 10:00am to 10:30pm.
Since officials expect an increase in summer passengers, the stops will be increased to 40 along the Gatlinburg Parkway for more summer fun throughout the Smoky Mountains.
(See Also: Smoky Mountain Summer Bucket List)
Guests of the trolley system can take a variety of routes that will connect them from one end of the Smokies to the other.
- Running from the Gatlinburg Transit Center to the Convention Center, the Red Route takes tourists through the heart of downtown.
- The Green Route runs through the Historic Nature Trail and down Ski Mountain Road.
- Visitors to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park must take the Tan Route, which stops at the Sugarlands Visitor Center, Laurel Falls Parking Lot and River Road.
- The Yellow Route travels through the entire 8-mile loop of the Arts and Crafts Community, a nearly hour long journey and one of the longest on the Gatlinburg Trolley system.
- For easy access to the most popular theme park in Pigeon Forge, the Pink Route stops at the Dollywood information center every hour.
- Running near shops and attractions, the Blue Route runs over the east portion of the Gatlinburg Parkway near the Gatlinburg Community Center
- The Purple Route departs from the Park-N-Ride in northern Gatlinburg to at Traffic Light #5 at the Welcome Center in downtown.
Ready to kick off your summer vacation? Parkside Cabin Rentals in Gatlinburg invites families to book one of our spacious cabins for a comfortable and memorable stay in the Smokies. We are proud to provide vacationing families a home away from home, including extra amenities such as jacuzzis, outdoor fireplaces and hot tubs.
Call one of our reservationists today at (866) 808-7525 to book your next Smoky Mountain retreat.